Find all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
- Data for destination URLs and Players is only available if there has been at least one video view
- The Analytics API only returns the domain for a particular player, not the full URL
To get a
client_secret, you will need to go to the OAuth UI and register this app:
These are the permissions you will need:
You can also get your credentials via CURL or Postman - see:
If you are getting credentials directly from the API, these are the permissions you need:
[ "video-cloud/analytics/read", "video-cloud/video/read" ]
Using the CodePen
Here are some tips to effectively use the above CodePen:
- Toggle the actual display of the app by clicking the Result button.
- Click the HTML/CSS/JS buttons to display ONE of the code types.
- Click Edit on CodePen in the upper right corner to fork this CodePen into your own account.
- Find all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
In order to build your own version the sample app on this page, you must create and host your own proxy. (The proxies used by Brightcove Learning Services only accept requests from Brightcove domains.) A sample proxy, very similar to the one we use, but without the checks that block requests from non-Brightcove domains, can be found in this GitHub repository. You will also find basic instructions for using it there, and a more elaborate guide to building apps around the proxy in Using the REST APIs.