The Playback API has four operations:
- Get a video by id
- Get a video by reference id
- Get a playlist by id
- Get a playlist by reference id
Playback API requests are authenticated using an encrypted policy key string. The CodePen below has a policy key for a sample Brightcove account included, so you can just use that if you wish. You can get policy keys for your account by using either the Policy API or from one of your Brightcove players.
Use the CodePen below to explore the API:
- Start by just making video and playlist requests for a sample Brightcove account to see the results.
- Next, try getting your own policy key using either the Policy API or from one of your Brightcove players.
- In the CodePen form below, replace the account id, policy key, video id and playlist id with your own values.
- Try modifying the CSS to customize the display of the video data.
See the Pen Playback API Search Test by Brightcove Learning Services (@rcrooks1969) on CodePen.