Zencoder and Video Cloud Together
You can take advantage of both platforms, whether you are a Zencoder customer seeking to use Video Cloud to deploy your online videos, or a Video Cloud customer who wants to take advantage of the transcoding power of Zencoder.
Content owners use the Zencoder API to download content to Zencoder, and to create renditions for mobile, web, connected TV, etc. This content can then be pushed in a CDN for streaming to the Video Cloud player. In Video Cloud a remote asset needs to be created via the APIs, Media Module or FTP manifest files. This will allow you to use the Video Cloud Media API to get the metadata and a pointer to the remote asset on your CDN.
Here is the high-level architecture of the solution:
And here are high-level steps for the integration:
Transcode the video using Zencoder
- Integrate Zencoder with your application (CMS, web app, etc.) - see the well-documented API and integration libraries for details.
- The output location can be any location that can stream content to the publishers video player. This is typically a CDN like Akamai or Limelight.
Add the video to Video Cloud
- Create a new video in Video Cloud.
- If you need to add metadata that cannot be included in the Create Video request, Update the video metadata
- Add your video as a remote rendition to the video, using the URL from your CDN or other repository. In most cases, you will use the Add Rendition operation to add an H.264 rendition or the Add HLS Manifest to add an HLS rendition.