The Brightcove Syndication Feed API is a public API for retrieving MRSS feeds created using the Syndication Configuration API.
The Syndication Configuration API can also be used to retrieve feeds by simply opening the
syndication_url returned in the syndication object into a browser, but the Feed API is different in that it requires no authentication - anyone having the right URL can retrieve the feed.
The primary use cases for retrieving feeds using one API or the other are as follows:
- If you only want to host the feed yourself, for subscribers, for example, then you would use the Syndication Configuration API to retrieve the feed.
- If you have syndication partners who you wish to give the feed to use and host in whatever way they wish, you can give the Feed API URL with the
syndication_idto retrieve feeds directly.
API reference / base URL
The Feed API Reference contains full details on the available requests and responses.
The base URL is:
Access to the Feed API does not require authentication, as feeds are intended to be publicly accessible.
There is only one operation for the Feed API: GET a feed based on the
All query parameters are optional.
- Maximum number of items to include in the feed response. Allowed range from 1 to 100. Default: 100.
- Number of items to skip over when generating the returned feed. Default: 0.
- An ISO-8601 datetime string (for example, 2016-03-16T15:42:06.000Z or
2016-03-16T10:47:29-05:00) that will limit the feed results to assets updated after the given date.
Request body: none
This is important! if you include a request body, an error will be returned.
Response type: XML