Using Aspera with Brightcove
The basic workflow for using Aspera to transfer your files to Video Cloud is as follows:
- Go to https://ingest-transfer.brightcove.com/ and log in using you Video Cloud credentials with the proper permissions (see Credentials below).
- Upload the files you want to ingest into Video Cloud.
- Wait for the transfer to finish
- Monitor the rest of the ingestion in Video Cloud using Studio or the CMS API.
There are two kinds of credentials for using Aspera for ingestion:
- Upload - for simple ingestion of videos without metadata or additional assets. Simply upload the video files. If a manifest of metadata is present, it will be ignored.
- Upload with Metadata - in this case, file transfer will start when the manifest file providing metadata information is uploaded. This operation can be used to add metadata to a video on upload, to add assets to a video already ingested or to re-transcode a video in Video Cloud. See the Manifest Reference for details of this XML file. Note that there is a limit of 100 videos per manifest file.