Using Aspera with Brightcove
The basic workflow for using Aspera to transfer your files to Video Cloud is as follows are shown below. Note that you will need to install the IBM Aspera Connect extension for your browser. The first time you login to Aspera, the dialog below will appear and guide you through the steps - see Installing Aspera Connect for more information.
- Go to https://ingest-transfer.brightcove.com/ and log in using you Video Cloud credentials with the proper permissions (see Credentials below).
- Upload the files you want to ingest into Video Cloud.
- Wait for the transfer to finish
- Monitor the rest of the ingestion in Video Cloud using Studio or the CMS API.
There are two kinds of credentials for using Aspera for ingestion:
- Upload - for simple ingestion of videos without metadata or additional assets. Simply upload the video files. If a manifest of metadata is present, it will be ignored.
- Upload with Metadata - in this case, file transfer will start when the manifest file providing metadata information is uploaded. This operation can be used to add metadata and assets to a video on upload, to update existing metadata, to add assets to a video already ingested or to re-transcode or source replacement to a video in Video Cloud. See the Manifest Reference for details of this XML file. Note that there is a limit of 20 videos per manifest file.
If you are migrating videos to Video Cloud from another platform, or just have a large number of videos you need to ingest, let us help you make the process smooth by following these guidelines:
- Open a Support ticket at least 3 days in advance indicating that you are planning to start ingesting a large amount of assets.
- Provide a timeline of when you expect to start and finish.
- Indicate which ingestion method are you planning to use: API, MRSS, Aspera (with our without XML manifest).
- Indicate the total number of videos you will ingest.
- Indicate the average video file size.
- Indicate the average video duration (minutes).
- Indicate the region where you content is located.