The Dynamic Ingest API is powerful and flexible, but to use it most effectively, you need to follow some best practices, which are detailed below.
Below are rules and guidelines for Dynamic Ingest.
- You should not have duplicate jobs processing for the same video, though ingesting other assets such as images and text tracks along with the video in the same job is fine.
if you are using an automated process for creating ingestion jobs that could potentially create multiple jobs on the same video ID, you need to check notifications to ensure that there are no other jobs processing on the same video before creating a new one.
profilefield for ingest requests is optional. Avoid hard-coding the
profilein apps and integrations - instead, set the most commonly used profile as the default for the account, and omit the field, or fetch the available profiles for the account and force the user to choose one.
- A 20 request-per-second limit on each account for total requests across Dynamic Ingest and the CMS API.
- There is a limit of 100 concurrent normal priority DI jobs per account
- If you are ingesting large batches of files, consider using the Low Priority queue which will allow you to queue more than 100 jobs.
- Ingest content is normally limited to 100GBs per file (if you need to ingest larger files please contact your Account Manager).
- If you are ingesting files in batches, limit concurrent normal priority jobs to 100 and wait for one job to complete processing before adding another - see Fallback / Retry Strategy for more information. Alternatively, you can set the
"priority": "low"- using low priority, you do not have to worry about the size of your ingest queue, though processing may take a little longer.
- Validate ingest profile changes to ensure you are getting the results you want before ingesting full batches.